I created another challenge card. For my second challenge, I chose ModSquadChallenge’s Black and White and One Other color. The challenge is tos to make a black and white card with one other colour. As I was trying to come up with ideas, I looked through my dies and found this wreath die I never used before. Then I had a vision of this card and I told myself, “Just do it!” And here is the card:
This card is not difficult to make, just a little time consuming. I started by cutting a black piece of card stock to size and then die cut the wreath. Then I die cut the wreath again, but on white card stock. I was using the die-cut inlay technique. After both pieces were die cutted, I took a fat roll of double-sided tape and put it on the back of the card where the hole for the wreath was. I turned the card over to expose the sticky tape where the hole is and proceeded to place the white die cut wreath in and the black center piece.
Once that was done, I then die cut and punched out some leaves with the same white card stock. Then I took two 5-petal flower punches and and punched pink flowers out of pink origami paper. I like using origami paper to make flowers with because it’s so fine, delicate, and soft, like flowers. For each flower, I took a ball-tipped tool and rolled the ball over each petal and flower center to give it that concaveness, so they are not flat boring flowers. I then set this all aside and started on the word “love”.
To make the word “love”, I used a die cut for the word on white card stock and then covered it with Versamark Dazzle. Then I coated it with clear embossing powder. I did this three times to give it this smooth glittery enamel-like finish. It was so beautiful that I had to take a close-up picture of it.
Once the word was done, I glued it into the center of the wreath and then proceeded to build the wreath with more white leaves to give it dimension as well as gluing flowers here and there. When that was all done, I stuck self-adhesive gems in the center of each flower.
Finally, I felt the card was a bit bland on the bottom, but I didn’t want to add too much to it, so I just made two score lines for a subtle effect. It was a bit difficult to score the card with the flowers (I was afraid they would get flattened or smooshed), but the flowers survived. I am curious how this card will fare going through the post, so I think I might mail it to myself and see what happens!
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this card and perhaps learned something or got inspired to create happiness today!